Available Semester Payment Plans
The Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan (MPP) is designed to assist students and families in paying educational costs to the college. This plan enables families to spread educational expenses over equal monthly installments and will help families avoid additional borrowing. Monthly Payment Plans are available for fall and spring semesters only. (Monthly Payment Plans are not available for international students and non-matriculated students).
If you wish to take full advantage of the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan, you are encouraged to enroll early each semester. The fastest way to enroll is online through BannerWeb. Please note, the Veteran Monthly Payment Plan is not available online. If you can't enroll through BannerWeb, please select the appropriate form below. Print the form(s) and fax it to 607-587-3275 along with a credit card authorization form for your $25 non-refundable application fee and your down payment. Or you can mail it to the Student Records and Financial Services Office along with your $25 application fee and your down payment.
- The 4-Month Semester Payment Plan (PDF) - Available through July 19, 2019. This plan allows you to budget semester expenses (tuition, fees, campus housing, and meals) into four payments. A $25 non-refundable application fee and a 20% down payment is due when signing up.
- The 3-Month Semester Payment Plan (PDF) - Available July 20 - Aug. 16, 2019. This plan allows you to budget semester expenses (tuition, fees, campus housing, and meals) into three payments. A $25 non-refundable application fee and a 25% down payment is due when signing up.
- The 2-Month Semester Payment Plan (PDF) - Available Aug. 17 - Sept.13, 2019 This plan allows you to budget semester expenses (tuition, fees, campus housing, and meals) into two payments. A $25 non-refundable application fee and a 33.34% down payment is due when signing up.
- Veteran Monthly Payment Plan - This plan is available to veterans and dependents of military personnel receiving military educational benefits. This plan allows the participant to defer the initial payment until Sept.10, 2019. Proof of eligibility is required such as the DD-214 Form or an eligibility letter for the Montgomery GI Bill®. This plan is not available online. Contact Student Records and Financial Services for more information.
Important Note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
No Interest Charges - Alfred State does not charge interest on our Monthly Payment Plans. By making monthly payments affordable out of "current income," the MPP will help students avoid additional borrowing. The only cost is a $25 non-refundable enrollment fee for each semester to cover administrative expenses.
Are you using a 529 College Savings Program? Please visit nysaves.org for information on how to make a withdrawal. Please make the withdrawal request at least two weeks prior to the semester billing due date to allow for processing time.
Note: Enrollment in the Monthly Semester Payment Plan is contingent on approval. If you defaulted on a previous plan or were late with your payments, you may no longer be eligible to use the plan. You will not have the Monthly Semester Payment Plan option on your online bill if you have been determined to be ineligible. You may contact Student Records and Financial Services to appeal this decision.
^ back to top
Credit Card Authorization Forms
^ back to top
Semester Payment Options
The Semester MPP offers several methods of paying:
- Automatic Payment - requires completion of the MPP Automatic Payment Credit Card Authorization Form
- Online credit card - requires you to enter your credit card information and the payment manually each month.
- Processed in office - credit card, money order, check, or cash - requires you to send/bring the payment to our office each month.
^ back to top
Determining Your Monthly Payment
Add up your billed expenses for the semester you wish to budget and subtract any known credits you may have (grants, loans, scholarships, etc.) to determine your remaining balance due. Remember there is also a $25 non-refundable application fee due along with the down payment when signing up for the plan.
- If you are signing up for the 4-month semester payment plan, divide this balance by five to determine your down payment and your monthly payments.
- If you are signing up for the 3-month semester payment plan, divide the balance by four to determine your down payment and your monthly payments.
- If you are signing up for the 2-month semester payment plan, divide the balance by three to determine your down payment and your monthly payments
- If you are signing up for the veteran's semester payment plan, divide the balance by four to determine your monthly payments.
Please refer to the following schedule to help determine when your payment is due.
Payment Plan Due Dates
^ back to top
Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment in the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan is (MPP) is contingent on approval based on payment history of previous payment plans.
- Enrollment in the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan is accomplished online by following the online instructions or by completing, signing, and returning the appropriate form(s) to the Student Records and Financial Services Office. A non-refundable application fee of $25 (per semester) and down payment are required when signing up for the 4-payment, 3-payment Monthly Payment Plan, and 2-Monthly Payment Plan.
- Enrollment in the Veteran's Payment Plan requires proof of eligibility such as the DD-214 Form or an eligibility letter for the Montgomery GI Bill. A down payment is not required and the $25 non-refundable application fee is waived. You must sign up for this plan in the Student Records and Financial Services Office.
- If you are applying by mail, you will not be considered enrolled until your completed paper work, non-refundable application fee, and down payment are received.
- Enrollment in the Monthly Payment Plan after the initial due date will not change the payment due dates.
- Budget Amount/Adjustments/Cancellation
- Only charges billed by Alfred State may be budgeted.
- Increasing the budgeted amount requires the completion of additional paperwork and cannot be done online. If you increase your budgeted amount, your monthly payments will be increased. Additional payments will not be added to the plan.
- You may cancel your Monthly Payment Plan on BannerWeb or request in writing to have your plan reduced or cancelled. If you elect to cancel your plan and you owe a balance, the balance must be paid in full by the next installment due date or a late fee will be added.
- Installment Payments/Balance
- Installments are due on the 3rd of each month by 4 p.m. (The 10th of the month for the Veteran's Plan.) If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, payments are due by 4 p.m. on the next business day.
- Payments are not automatically made by the Students Records and Financial Services Office unless you complete the MPP Automatic Payment Credit Card Authorization Form. You are responsible for making the payment each month.
- If you are making your payment online (recommended), enter the secure area in BannerWeb. Select Student Accounts on the Student Services & Financial Aid menu. Select Pre-Approved Monthly Payment Plan Payment to make your payment. Check your Monthly Payment Plan Balance to make sure the payment was processed.
- If you are mailing the payment, make sure you allow enough time to reach the office on or before the due date. Payments received after the due date will be assessed a late fee.
- All installments made through the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan will be credited directly to your account.
- Financial Aid
- The receipt of Financial Aid in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, etc. will not automatically adjust your Monthly Payment Plan. You are still responsible for your payments unless you cancel or reduce your plan. Reductions due to receipt of Financial Aid can only be made by requests in writing to the Student Financial Services Office.
- Financial Aid cannot be used as a payment towards the Monthly Payment Plan.
- Fees and Other Charges
- Your application fee of $25 is non-refundable.
- Your account will be assessed a $20 service charge for any payment returned for insufficient funds, or which is not collectible for any other reason, and your plan will be cancelled.
- There will be an additional late charge for any payment not received in full by the due date.
- Failure to Pay
- In the event a participant fails to pay any amount due on the payment plan by the due date, enrollment in the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan will be terminated.
- A late payment fee will be added, and the remaining account balance plus the late fee will be due in full.
- Once terminated from the Monthly Payment Plan for any reason, you will not be able to use the plan again.
Questions concerning the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan should be directed to the Student Records and Financial Services Office at 1-800-4-ALFRED. We will be happy to assist you.
^ back to top